1. Extremely safe
I don't think I have ever felt so safe catching the taxi by myself at 1 am. This is a muslim country it has very strict law so no one dares to commit the crime easily. You can walk by yourself at night or catch the taxi and still feel extremely safe. The property manager told me that even I have my doors open no one will go in to steal things. At least in Dubai thats the case.
2. It has everything
Sometimes when I go to Europe I feel like very authentic asian food. Dubai and Abu Dhabi even has the most authentic Chinese hot pot. All the international things you can think of they will be imported here. If you have money, literally everything is possible.
3. free home delivery to everywhere of anything
I never know you can just order a soy sauce or even just 1 toilet paper they will have someone deliver to your door free of charge. You can literally stay at home and everything will be taken care of.
4. Shoppings and restaurants open till midnight or 1 am.
Dubai just never goes to sleep. It's hot during the day so people start to function after work. The city doesn't sleep.
5. All sorts of people are here
The world is such a small place if you come into Dubai. You will meet people from Syria, Saudi, Kuwait just the places you never think of possible (and peaceful). All the people I met are extremely intelligent, professional and inspiring.
6. Public toilets are so clean and always free
One of the worst thing about going to Europe is that I always have to pay for the use of public toilet and they are not always clean either. In Dubai the toilet is everywhere and always extremely clean.
7. It's not that far away from Sydney compare to Europe. 15 hours of direct flight is actually not that bad considering Sydney is so far away from everywhere. If you catch Emirate airline you might hardly have jet lag due to the flight time. And I must say that Emirate Airline is just awesome.
8. no alcohol
For a non drinker this place is paradise. No need to drink to fit in, and no drunken dudes on the streets.
There are a lot more good things about Dubai. I love this place. Shall be back again every year .